Vitamin E [Alpha Tocopherol Acetate]
PharmacologyVitamin E is used in the treatment and prevention of Vitamin E deficiency. Oral supplements of Vitamin E are essential in adults, even where there is fat malabsorption secondary to cholestasis. In chronic fat malabsorption, e.g. in cystic fibrosis, ataxia and visual scotomas which respond to vitamin E. More recently it has been suggested that, as a lipid-soluble antioxidant, vitamin E may reduce atherogenesis by protecting low-density lipoprotein from oxidation. If the intake of polyunsaturated fat is high, vitamin E intake should be increased.
Uses of Vitamin EVitamin E acts as an antioxidant in the human body. In addition, Vitamin E is indicated- As a food supplement:
- Due to insufficient absorption of vitamin E from the intestines, to meet the deficiency of vitamin E in the body
- To meet the requirement for more vitamin E to take more polyunsaturated fatty acids with food
- To enhance the beauty of skin and hair
- As an antioxidant.
- In the treatment of vitamin E deficiency hemolytic anemia
- A decrease in the number of sperms in the male's semen.
- In the case of men who are sterile, many times doctors recommend taking Vitamin E.
- Cardiovascular disease
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Hepatotoxin poisoning
- Hemolytic anemia
- Oxygen therapy
- In nutritional deficiency states.
Dosage and AdministrationPhysicians generally recommend consuming Vitamin E at 200 to 400 IU doses per day. Dosage and administration of Vitamin E by disease and age are given below.
- 200-400 IU per day for healthy hair and skins (External uses allowed to enhance beauty)
- 400-800 IU per day for a healthy heart.
- 200-400 IU per day for adults in vitamin-E deficiency diseases.
- 200 IU per day in vitamin-E deficiency diseases for children.
- Hemolytic anemia due to Vitamin E deficiency
- 400 IU per day in sickle-cell anemia.
- As an antioxidant
Vitamin E For Hair LossVitamin E protects hair loss and skin. The liquid inside the capsule should be mixed with regular pure oil, use the mixture on your hair smoothly and leave it for 2-3 hours. Then wash your hair with minimum heated water and shampoo. You have to follow this twice a week. I Hope, the results will be noticed within a week.
InteractionsVitamin E may impair the absorption of Vitamin A & function of Vitamin K and potentiates the effect of Warfarin.
Side Effects of Vitamin EConsuming more than 1 gm can lead to a number of side effects of Vitamin E. For example:
- High blood pressure
- Feeling tired
- Tendency to increase peptic ulcers
- Excess fat