Panium 10 mg/5 ml Syrup
Panium 10 mg/5 ml syrup strengthens calcium bonding with phospholipids and proteins thus stabilizing the cell membrane of the GI tract. It is a quaternary ammonium antimuscarinic agent with peripheral effects similar to those of atropine.
Uses of Panium 10 mg/5 ml
Panium 10 mg/5 ml syrup is an antispasmodic drug. It reduces muscle spasms of the intestine, biliary system, uterus & urinary bladder. It is indicated for-
- The pain in the gastrointestinal,
- Biliary, urinary and gynecological diseases such as gastroenteritis, diarrhea, dysentery, biliary colic, enterocolitis, cholecystitis, ciliopathies, mild cystitis, & spasmodic dysmenorrhoea.
Dosage and Administration
- Tablet: Recommended oral dose of Tiemonium Methylsulphate tablet is 2-6 tablets (100-300 mg) daily in divided doses.
- Injection: Recommended injectable dose is 1 Tiemonium Methylsulphate. Injection 3 times daily, through Intravenous route slowly or Intramuscular route.
- Children: 3 mg – 6 mg/kg body weight/day or 1.5 ml – 3 ml /kg body weight/day in 3 divided doses.
- Adult: 30 mg – 90 mg or 15 ml – 45 ml 3 times daily or as directed by the physician.
Price in Bangladesh
Tiemonium Methylsulphate should not be used with other drugs without the consultation of a registered physician to avoid its interaction.
Tiemonium Methylsulphate should not be used in Glaucoma or where acute pain of eyeball with vision disturbance was found. It should also not be used in patients with the disorder of prostate or urinary bladder.
Side Effects of Panium 10 mg/5 ml
As with any active substance, Panium 10 mg/5 ml may cause certain undesirable or unpleasant effects. In some people, because of taking Tiemonium Methylsulphate, dry mouth with difficulty in swallowing and thirst, dilatation of pupils with loss of accommodation and sensitivity to light, increased intraocular pressure, flushing, dry skin, bradycardia followed by tachycardia, palpitations and arrhythmias, difficulty in micturition and constipation may be seen.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Panium syrup may be used in pregnancy only if it is clearly needed by the assessment of the risk-benefit ratio. Avoid taking this drug without medical advice during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place, away from light and moisture. Keep out of reach of children.