Fexozen 60 mgTablet
Pharmaceutical:Zenith Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Fexozen 60 mg tablet is an antihistamine with selective peripheral H₁-receptor antagonist activity. It is rapidly absorbed after oral doses with peak plasma concentrations being reached in 2-3 hours and about 60 to 70% bound to plasma proteins. About 5% of the total doses are metabolized, mostly by the intestinal mucosa, with only 0.5 to 1.5% of the dose undergoing hepatic biotransformation by the cytochrome P450 system. An elimination half-life of 14 hours has been reported although this may be prolonged in patients with renal impairment. Excretion is mainly in the feces with only 10% being present in the urine. Fexofenadine does not appear to cross the blood-brain barrier.
Uses of Fexozen 60 mg tablet
Fexozen 60 is indicated for the symptoms of Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis and Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria in adults and children. It is an antihistamine – it blocks the body’s chemical called histamine, which is responsible for the body’s allergy symptoms. Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is also indicated for the treatment of chronic idiopathic urticaria. Generally, due to the following symptoms, Fexozen 60 mg tablets are prescribed for:
- Sore throat
- Itchy eyes
- Allergic Rhinitis & Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria
- Used in the treatment of radioactive skin.
Fexozen 60 mg tablet Price in Bangladesh
Unit Price: ৳ 3.50 (50’s pack: ৳ 175.00)
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose for adults of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride is 60 mg twice daily or 180 mg once daily with water. According to the diseases, Details dose administration for children and adults is given below:
Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis-
12 years or older and adults:
- Tablet: 60 mg twice per day or 120 mg once or 180 mg once per day.
- In case of impaired renal function: 60 mg once daily.
6 to 11 Years Children:
- Tablet: 30 mg twice per day or 60 mg once per day.
- In case of impaired renal function: 30 mg once daily.
Children from 2 to 11 years:
- Suspension: 30 mg or 5 ml twice per day.
- In case of impaired renal function: 30 mg or 5 ml once daily.
Chronic idiopathic urticaria-
For adults and children over 12 years:
- Tablets: 60 mg twice daily or 120 mg once daily or 180 mg once daily.
- When renal function is reduced: 60 mg once daily.
For children 6 to 11 years old:
- Tablets: 30 mg twice daily or 60 mg once daily.
- When renal function is reduced: 30 mg once daily.
For children under 6 months to 2 years:
- Suspension: 15 mg or 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) twice daily.
- When renal function is reduced: 15 mg or 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) once daily.
For children from 2 to 11 years:
- Suspension: 30 mg or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) twice daily
- When renal function is reduced: 30 mg or 5 ml (1 teaspoon) once daily.
Plasma concentrations of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride have been increased when given with Erythromycin or Ketoconazole. Antacid containing Aluminium and Magnesium Hydroxide reduces the absorption of Fexofenadine Hydrochloride. Fruit juices including grapefruit may reduce the bioavailability of Fexofenadine and its use concurrently should be detoured.
Patients who have a contradiction with Fexofenadine Hydrochloride or its elements should avoid this.
Side Effects of Fexozen 60 mg tablet
The following are some common side effects that may occur with the use of the Fexozen 60 mg tablet. However, even if seen, it is mild and temporary. The side effects that may occur-
- Feel sleepy
- Abnormal sleep
- Back pain
- Sore throat
- Stomach upset
- Muscle pain
- Dry mouth and
- Digestive problems.
It should not be taken without a doctor’s advice. The dosage of this drug or how often this drug is taken depends on the patient’s age, weight, the condition for which the patient is being treated, other physical conditions, and how a person responds to the drug.
Some short-term problems may occur after an acute overdose of fexo. However, refrain from taking an overdose. Taking too much medicine will not improve your symptoms. Although no severe overdose of fexofenadine hydrochloride has been reported yet.
Pregnancy and Lactation
According to US FDA, the category of fexofenadine hydrochloride is C. It should be avoided unless it is essential for advantages.
Store below 30°C. Protect from light. Keep out of children’s reach.